Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 2, 2011

Eight Glorious Months

Earlier this week our boy turned eight months old.


Every month I keep thinking "where has the time gone?" and the echo of mother's everywhere is that I will feel this way his whole life. Yesterday he rode in the kid's car cart at Harris Teeter and just kept steering away. Yes, I nearly cried because I couldn't believe it. Oh and it will make grocery shopping easier for both of us ;).

William has decided to start the "real" crawl after army crawling for three months. The benefit to this is that I can hear his hands and knees hitting the floor so I have a better idea where he is if my back is turned, which it really can't be. Yesterday I was just mixing a bottle and he was behind me and next thing I know he has quietly crawled over to and climbed up three stairs (Daddy was spotting him in this photo don't worry). Talk about startling! He is just very curious, so we bought two of those Superyard gates off Craigslist because we literally cannot do anything in a different room or even the opposite end of a room without saying "no" and we don't want to do that all the time. Plus, not too sure how inticing the Christmas tree will be when we put it up this weekend. He is cruising along, taking steps here and there while holding on and really likes balancing and holding onto furniture with only one hand.


The little guy has two bottom teeth, no sign of more yet. This past weekend Daddy taught him how to roll his R's like he is speaking Spanish and he does it all the time and then laughs at himself. He is definitely a Momma's boy and gave my friend a run for her money when she watched him and he screamed for Mom for about 90 minutes until he finally fell asleep.


As I write this, he is playing with a new tower of DVDs, rolling it on the floor and flipping it over. He makes everything into a toy which is awesome, I hope that means his imagination will run wild as he grows.

No comments: