Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Craft #1: Handprint Tree

I have decided to make December craft month at Enjoy Life & Love because I already have some cute and festive ideas up my sleeve. I will share at least one holiday craft project per week. There are two children's projects, a fabric-related home decor project and a paper craft. So please make sure to come back each week (I'm going to try and post on Tuesdays) and get some ideas, share your ideas, and let me know what you think!

This week's craft was made with my favorite sidekick: William. This is not the first or the last time his Momma will be dipping his hands in paint for the sake of craftiness, but soon he will not mind! I will admit that I found this idea on Pinterest, it is not an original idea of mine.

I purchased a 9x12 canvas at Michael's on Thanksgiving night when I decided I wasn't ready for bed and not in the mood to watch football. All stretched canvas was 50% off and then I had a 30% off total purchase coupon which made everything an even better deal. I also purchased dark green paint since I already had the other colors at home.

I buckled the little guy into his high chair,


painted his right hand with green paint and then did my best to get a fingers spread flat handprint


….six times!


I added details later -- the red edges, brown metallic tree trunk and gold star. I love it!




2 comments:

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

What a cute idea and helper! Mine are much too mobile now and I am afraid of the green paint! I should just spread a large cloth.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I always loved hanging all my girls artwork in the hallway from jute during the holidays!!! What wonderful memories...I stil have a handprint wreath from about 22 years ago.

Blessings,
Linda