Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 30, 2012

March 31

Tomorrow my baby boy will turn one.


I cannot believe that he is already one years old and how many changes this little 20 (or so) pound body has gone through. He has been walking since mid-February so it has seemed that he turned into a toddler the moment he started walking all the time, but I cherish the snuggle moments that remind me of when he was more of a baby.

As I write this post, he is sitting with me at the table eating a waffle, green grapes and craisins, his breakfast of choice today, and kicking his left foot and giving me a big smile while I sing "Happy Birthday" so he isn't scared by the song tomorrow. And lets be serious, I like his reaction.

Enjoying blueberry pancakes, his all-time favorite breakfast

William prefers books to toys lately, which I am not discouraging. He loves to chase our cat ("Jay"), baskets and boxes, anything that can carry other things. Oh and trucks, he already says "tucks" and "tees" when looking outside. He is definitely his Daddy's boy. He gets excited looking out the window and waving to anything that moves. He loves the loud noises that come from our neighbor's house who is a landscaper (the mowers, weed wackers, etc). He loves taking walks in the wagon that his Daddy used to ride in.


He also loves hummus, yogurt and strawberries, I think he'd eat them all day if I let him. He has started spoon feeding himself pretty well when I give him the opportunity. He is a hit when we are out in public as he waves and talks to everyone we see. It is so much fun to go out with him and sometimes we'll see a playground and just stop and play for awhile.

Tomorrow we are having a party for him with close family and friends and his playgroup buddies, so about 25 adults and 10 one-year olds. Hopefully one day he will appreciate all the thought and craftiness I put into his little red wagon 1st birthday, but for now, I just want him to have fun, eat cake for the first time and play.

Oh and always stay my little boy…..


2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is a cutie pie...such a sweet smile! Happy one year old! Hugs

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM!!!