Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 23, 2010

March BABY

Yes, that's right, we are expecting a March 2011 baby! That is, unless he/she comes a few days late and will be an April baby, but I digress. Brad and I are THRILLED to share our "baby news" with everyone although keeping it to ourselves and a small circle of parents, siblings, and our closest friends was also fun, albeit tricky at times.


We found out on July 21 that we were expecting and kept the news to ourselves for more than three weeks. On Friday, August 13th we had our first doctor's appointment and got to hear Lil' Squirt's heartbeat (148bpm). In case you would have been nervous about Friday the 13th and all the superstitions, my superstitions about that day were shattered last year when we finally got to move into our new home on Friday, Nov. 13th, so I was thinking even more positive thoughts this time around.

We told my mom that weekend while she was in town and told Brad's parents when they came over for dinner. I had ordered two onesies, one for each set of parents, to give to them to tell them about their first grandbaby. As you can see in the photo, my mom's said "I <3 My Nana" since that is how she refers to her "grandcat" and Brad's parents' said "My Grandma & Grandpa <3 Me." Needless to say all three grandparents were beyond excited!!


We had another doctor appointment yesterday and heard Squirt's heartbeat again (160bpm) and then decided to share the news with all since as of today I am 13 weeks 2 days pregnant. As you all know, in this day and age, when you share the news with the masses, you do it via Facebook. So, the news is out, it is beyond our small inner circle that it started out in and we are very grateful for the support and well wishes from our family and friends.


Wait...didn't I just get back from Hawaii? Yes we did, but we planned our trip and February and found out about the baby in July so it really did end up being our last big couples only hoorah - at least for a little while. Several posts on that to come :).

No comments: