Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby Food in a Flash

Today we went to a farm in town that has pick your own produce. We went for the peaches (only $1.49/pound!), but left with peaches, blackberries and a dozen zinnias for my dining room table. My husband doesn't eat peaches so I decided that even though I only picked 7 today, I'd make my first batch of baby food. W is still only consuming breastmilk, but in the winter, he will have "fresh" peaches!

Since the peaches are organic, I scrubbed them good with a produce brush to get off most of the fuzz. Then I cut large cubes and put it all in a steamer pot. I brought the water to a boil and kept it boiling for 10 minutes. Then, I let the peaches cool and tossed them in the blender. What makes this even easier, is that my blender has a Baby Food setting which I was finally able to use! I pureed it down until it wasn't chunky at all.

I have these 1oz silicone trays from my baby shower which is a bit easier to use than an ice cube tray (also 1oz) because it is flexible silicone. I got thirteen 1oz portions and they are in the freezer. Tomorrow I'm going to pop out the cubes and store them in a labeled bag in the freezer so I can use the storage tray for my next creation.

For the price I paid, not only is this a cheaper option, but it is also healthier for our baby boy!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Hi Shannon, just wanted to reply to your comment,

(Shannon said...
Really cute! Did you trace a bib you had for the pattern? Maybe I should go buy some terry cloth so I can make some less feminine ones for my son. It would be my first time using snaps too! )

I just drew a general shape for the bib and adjusted it to make it look like I wanted. I just had to make it would fit around the baby's neck and not be too big.
Thanks for stopping by. And good job with the baby food. I still have yet to try that.

Unknown said...

Pretty niffty shay!! :)