Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Feeling Grateful

I was talking to the mom of this cutie yesterday (as I do most days of the week)

 and she commented on how different they look from last July…when we first met.

And it got me thinking…was I really not friends with any of my local "mom friends" just one year ago?

I used to work full-time in DC and spent the rest of my time at home "in the country" as some say and my husband and I had friends with kids, but it just happened they were in our age range. What I mean is, we didn't purposefully seek out families with children. But I do now! Last fall I was part of our town's first MOMS Club and hold an Executive Board position which is alot of fun. I have met many more moms in town which is wonderful for those days when you go to a park and just shoot out an email to see if others want to join. Only a five minute drive for anyone in town, well except Jake and his mom ;)

But, the first friends I made as a new mom were some of these ladies:

This is what William looked like the day he met future friends Louisa, Samantha, Mason and Zoe:

These are some of the adventures they have had since then (plus another new friend or two):















I am so happy to have these friends (and their babies) in my life!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

What a sweet post. So grateful to have found such an awesome group of Mommy friends!

Tarini said...

Shannon - Where and how did you find your MOMS club? I have been in the Maryland Laurel area for a few years and have a 17 month old. I am always looking for mom friends but its been so hard to find like minded ladies in my area. Any tips on how to find these groups? I work so I guess its a little different but still any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Aditi

Shannon said...

Actually, I met all of the moms this post is about through Meetup.com which is a national site that has all sorts of groups (moms, hikers, hunters…everything) by zipcode. Search different mom things like "Working moms," "Moms with toddlers," etc by zip and hopefully you can find some other parents nearby! MOMS Club (http://www.momsclub.org/) is mainly for SAHM, but it may be different in your area.

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon, I've been going through my Linky List today and found you! I am now your new follower through GFC too! I'd love having you a part of our blogging family. Please stop by and follow/join us...our friends would love having you with our family! Have a fab evening!
Hugs