On Friday we started working on our new house! My husband picked up the flooring at Lowe's and we spent some time that afternoon enjoying the place we will call home (or "my farm" if you are my two year old).
Lesson 1: Main living areas look better WITHOUT carpet.
Living room on Saturday morning
Living room on Saturday evening
Lesson 2: Old mauve carpet looks best thrown out on the front lawn!
Photo of the carpet and pads from the two upstairs bedrooms
Lesson 4: This house is going to be where we live for many, many years and raise our children. It is a wonderful feeling. It is so relaxing to walk outside and not see neighbors, only our land. I so like people, but it just seems so "zen."
Lesson 5: (No photo). We are lucky to have grandparents nearby to keep William while we work on the house. He spent both days this weekend with my mom and had a wonderful time. We missed him lots, but couldn't have gotten as much done as we did without her help.
Weekend 1 achievements:
- removed all carpet (about 1900 sq ft worth) and brought to the local "beauty spot" to dispose of it
- laid our beautiful new floor in the living room
- removed all of the window grates and cleaned the inside of the windows- painted all the floor trim in the master bedroom and started the other large upstairs bedroom
- removed the floor in the entryway in preparation for our new floor
- in the laundry room, we removed a handful of boards with nails hanging out (as hooks), a large MDF bookcase once used to stack shoes to the ceiling and a broken wire rack