Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 11, 2009

In Memory

Well, I think I can accurately say that "9/11" has a different meaning for everyone who is at least 20 years old. I was e-mailing a co-worked about something for today, September 11, and wrote 9/11 instead and she called me to say "it freaked me out a little." Isn't that interesting how it effects people? This morning in Washington there was additional traffic and road closures due to the memorial ceremony taking place at the Pentagon which included a visit by the President. Although it is still another day, eight years later, you can't get past it especially when the news stations are replaying footage from eight years ago. This morning a local radio station played something that gave me goosebumps. Google "red skelton pledge" and listen to it and tell me what you think. Red Skelton talks about how in elemnetary school the principal came into his class to explain each word of the Pledge of Allegiance. I never toook much time to think about it in a dissected form, word by word, but I can tell you that it is worth thinking about. To all that have given their lives since 9/11 and before...thanks.

No comments: