Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween Hat Cookies

Earlier this month I hosted a costume swap for our local MOMS Club. I decided to provide some Halloween treats, but did not go overboard since all of the attending children were toddlers or babies. Let's be serious, the cookies were for the Moms :)

All I had to buy for the cookies was a pack of fudge stripe cookies and a pack of Hershey's Kisses. You also need honey and "writing" frosting, but I had both of those.

As you can see, the stripe side of the cookie will be face down on your plate/tray. Put a small dollop (I like that word) of honey on the bottom of the Hershey Kiss and then push onto the cookie, covering the hole. I let them sit overnight to "stick" better.


The next morning I used a small tube of yellow writing frosting to make a ring around the edge, where the cookie joined the kiss.


Then I added little buckles to the witch's hats.


The cookies were yummy and people thought they were so cute! :)

No comments: