Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 27, 2012

Painted Nightstand: Made by Me Monday

We don't have night tables in our bedroom (or end tables in our living room for that matter). We are the type of folks who don't like alot of furniture, but enjoy the open space instead. I decided to look for complimenting, but not matching nightstands for the master bedroom a while back, but it took me a pretty long time to find something. I found the table below for $10 at Chartreuse & Co., a monthly area crafter flea market (also featured in Southern Living).



I stopped by our local hardware store to buy a sample size container of paint…but walked out with a better deal. The owner let me go through all the Benjamin Moore testers he has and take whatever I wanted for free. Apparently Benjamin Moore didn't use UV containers so the paints did not match the true color, so they were discontinued…a benefit to crafters like me!


These are the colors I narrowed it down to. I really thought I wanted a colorful table.


The color concept failed me. It looked horrible. I don't think the color was "bright" enough, it looked way too country for my liking. So, I painted it black and it looked perfect! I hated the blue so much that I didn't even get out the camera for a picture.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not too shabby :) Actually, I'm impressed.

Cassie Bustamante said...

very cute! i think the black suits the shape of that table so well!

Shannon said...

Impressed? It's just some paint ;) Thanks Cassie, I'm glad I went with the black too. Regardless of color, it is our only piece of painted furniture.