Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Does Bigger = Better?

Less than one week after purchasing our Nikon, we had the annual family reunion. This was the perfect excuse to walk around with my camera all day, taking candids of many generations enjoying each other’s company. The reunion was for my husband’s family (his dad’s side). My father-in-law, Paul, has eight brothers and sisters. Five of them see each other regularly, one lives in West Virginia and three have passed away. The spouses of two of the three siblings who have passed away are still involved with the family and they were at the reunion too.

Here are the siblings who attended this year’s reunion (youngest to oldest). Do you see the family resemblance?




If I’m counting right, there were four generations eating side-by-side and it was great. Now, our immediate family only had two generations at the table, but hey, one day there will be more.


I grew up in a small family. My mother has two siblings and my father has one sister. Although my dad’s family still lives in Connecticut (his parents have since passed away) we didn’t see each other much at all growing up. My mom’s family is scattered from Illinois to Miami and places in between.

When we moved to the DC metro area in 2007, I was amazed at how much of Brad’s family stayed within an hour of where they were born and raised. It makes for large family gatherings full of conversation, humor and lots of food. It took me a few family functions to get acclimated to “the crowd” but I am now used to it and can’t imagine a holiday with less than a table full of people.

No comments: