Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blueberry Boys (and Blueberry Jam!)

It is finally blueberry-picking time here in Maryland so last weekend I took William along with my friend Erin and her 22 month old son to Homestead Farms in Poolesville where I always like to go for PYO (pick-your-own) fruit. PYO blueberries are only $2.49/pound which was great. We finally had a break in the humidity so it was a perfect day for picking and taking the fun tractor ride.





I ended up picking about $7.50 worth of blueberries, so about three pounds. While out in the field, Erin suggested making blueberry jam during naptime. My husband has always wanted me to can fruits and vegetables, especially ones from our garden or that I pick but I have never had the time. Since I used to be away at work from 7am-7pm and weekends were filled with standard chores, a little fun with friends and then a newborn last year, I was not interested.

Well, we did it..blueberry jam that is! Stay tuned :D


No comments: