Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, December 11, 2010

6 Months

It seems like yesterday that I had six more months to be pregnant, but now I am six months along - where did the time go?! Technically, As of today I am 24 weeks 5 days, but I haven't had a chance to publish this post since I was traveling for work.

23w5d

24w2d

Weight: +16 pounds. I continue to go to the gym for a little bit at lunchtime when I’m not too tired to move.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah!

Sleep:  Some nights I am not sleeping very good. I wake up and switch from my left to right side in the very early morning hours and am putting an additional pillow behind my back to prevent me from rolling over onto my back since it isn’t good for me or the baby at this point.

Best Moments: Whenever I talk to my belly or rub my hands on it, the baby moves around. I like the frequent early morning and evening kicks.

Movement: All the time! I’ve seen people post that they were surprised to feel ten movements in an hour and I feel that in as many minutes many times. The doctor did say that the movements will become less as the baby grows and has less space inside.

Cravings: I really the sweetness of fruit, but the doctor did tell me that fruit is high in sugar and may affect my diabetes test. We’ll see…it is better than a lot of other foods I could be eating!

Gender: Surprise, remember?!

Labor Signs: Nope. I did have some muscle pain after “running” to the train. Let’s just say I need to realize that even if I feel good, I need to move more carefully than I used to.

Belly Button: In (still!)

Looking forward to: Daddy is picking up your dresser at the furniture store today! Potentially picking out a gender neutral Christmas outfit for next year at the after-Christmas sales J

Milestones: I have really changed shape since week 20. The baby and additional weight is still centrally located, but I have become much more round. At my 24 week appointment on 12/9 the baby’s heartbeat was 150 bpm and he/she was kicking the microphone. 

4 comments:

Blair Slusne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blair Slusne said...

Great to hear all the progress, you look so great and the baby belly is getting so round and perfect!! :)

Emily @ LaForce Be With You said...

Wonderful news! Not much longer!

Terrell said...

How funny about the wrapping paper post! Yours look aaamazing and I think you made a wonderful choice :) I love the kraft paper look! You have the most adorable baby bump btw! I can't wait to keep checking on your progress and congrats to you...what a blessing!! :D
Happy holiday hugs to you,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~