Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Yes, I realize that most bloggers today will go through things they are thankful for in their life. At the risk of being like everyone else, I am taking this opportunity to do the same. I try to make sure my family and friends know how thankful I am for their support all year long, but I know I could do much better.

Thankful for my mom who raised all three of us on her own since 1992 without ever making the strains of doing so obvious to us. We have all followed our hearts because of her encouragement and it has shaped us into the adults we have become.


Thankful for my Dat who although I unfortunately didn't know for long before he passed, was a hard worker and great provider for my family, allowing my mom to stay home with the three of us. I have enjoyed growing up and hearing stories about how funny he was from his cousins, like hearing he would've been the "pink hat kid" at UCONN games like my brother is.


My husband who I think is the best man I know. From the day I met him (below) I knew he was the one for me and told my mom 72 hours later that I would marry him one day. I can't wait to see him in his new role as a father this spring.


My first baby who kicks me all day, and night, reminding me how much my life is going to change in March. I cannot wait to meet him/her!


Our beautiful home that really was a labor of love. It is an incredible feeling to wake up in the morning and realize how much you love the home you live in. I cannot wait to raise our family here.


My siblings, also grouped together with my parents above, who although things aren't always "peachy" they are pretty great most of the time. I have enjoyed growing up and having more adult relationships with them. They know that our door is always open for a visit or extended stay.


Of course there are many other parts of my life that I am thankful for. These include (but are not limited to):

- Good health
- Members of my Campbell/Fox and Rhoderick/Houck families
- My friends, especially the lifelong friends I reunite with in Clemson each fall and those few friends (and here) that I talk to several times a week
- A pet cat that loves me unconditionally
- A job that I enjoy (although the commute can wear me down)
- Flexibility to enjoy hobbies such as traveling, photography, and other projects

If the list is too long, it doesn't make those featured seem "as special" so I'm going to stop there, finish watching the parade, and get ready to go celebrate Thanksgiving with lots of food.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


No comments: