Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 29, 2010

Styled Gift Wrap

This year I opted to wrap all Christmas gifts in one uniform way with slight variations. Those that know me, know that I love metallics, colors and things that are "flashy" so my choice may surprise them.  I was inspired by these images:



I found a roll of plain brown paper (for free), also known as parcel paper and made famous for covering your textbooks as a kid, and got to work. On Black Friday I woke up at 6 a.m. (due to movement in utero) so I left the house and went to Michael's for Christmas ribbon and decorations and Joann's fabric for baby fabric. 

This is what $90 worth of ribbon looks like. No way did I pay $90...it was all 70% off. The thick red sparkle ribbon is for our tree and the rest of for gifts. 


Here is how my gifts look thus far:



Each gift was wrapped in brown paper, wrapped with double sided tape so it is hidden, and the recipients name is written on the bottom. I'd describe it as classic, old world holiday wrapping. I started wrapping before we had our tree up, which is currently being decorated, so I displayed the gifts next to a handsome gilded reindeer for the time being.


More on my holiday decorations to come!



3 comments:

Val said...

I love doing the same with my gifts too! However I've not thought of using the brown paper. I might just have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

Krista said...

Those are great! I have those supplies too :)

Kathy@ Gone North said...

They look Beautiful!! And good for you, having that much Christmas shopping done already.. : )
(stopping by from HOH)