I met Emily as soon as I started freshman year at Clemson and we are good friends who wish we had all of this creativity and resourcefulness while at Clemson because our dorm room would have rocked! Emily shares recipes, crafts, and thrifty DIY projects on her blog.
To accept this award you have to follow these 4 rules:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who awarded you with the award
2. Share 7 Things about yourself
3. Award 8 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact the bloggers and inform them of the award
Okay so on to the 7 things:
1. Within 72 hours of meeting my husband, I told my mom I would marry him someday. That's right, we met on Saturday, May 6th (photo on my sidebar) and on Tuesday, May 9th at the St. Louis airport on our way to Las Vegas to celebrate my 21st birthday, I said it out loud. And my mom almost choked on a buffalo chicken tender.
2. My "house" will be in the Smithsonian Museum of African-American history. We bought a condemned house/property in 2008 one week before our wedding (crazy right?) with plans to demolish the property and build a new house since it had been vacant and crumbling for several years. Well, the research showed that it was actually a historic home (not that the County helped care for it) and we, mostly my husband, worked with the Smithsonian and we donated the original log structure they were interested in. We didn't want to ruin history, but we did want to build our new home on this land :). By the way, our house is modular. Not sure what that means -- take a look at my video and this post.
before moving in
3. I have my own small business, Memorable Designs. I started off about 18 months ago creating video montages from old/new photos and video clips for weddings, birthdays and anniversaries. I have participated in two small bridal shows, but get most of my business by word-of-mouth..so talk it up! Everything can be done remotely. I also do full color photo books which are great for vacations, baby's 1st year, guestbooks, wedding party, etc. My latest addition has been photo pendants which have been a hit! I wear one of my ultrasound image a few times a week. Let me know if you are interested!
4. Since 2007 I have been to the Dominican Republic, Malta, Germany, Belize and Hawaii. I also traveled in the U.S. to Connecticut, New York, South Carolina, California, Georgia, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, and Florida (three different cities) all for at least two nights. What can I say...we like going places!
5. I was a finalist in the Connecticut state spelling bee -- twice. Once in fifth grade and once in sixth grade. The words that got me were "prevalent" and "dilapidated" (funny considering the situation of #2).
6. I'm pregnant. if you read this blog you already know that, but I thought I'd include it anyway because it is a big part of "About Me" lately. We are expecting our lil' Squirt on March 28th which makes me just over 33 weeks into the adventure of pregnancy. This blog will probably get a little more photo heavy and less text/tutorials in the coming months once baby is born since I'm not sure how crafty I will want to be. Even when I do craft, they will probably be baby-related, so I'm sorry if that doesn't interest you ;).
7. I don't want to jinx myself, but I tend to have good luck on Friday the 13th. We got word on Friday, Nov. 13, 2009 that we passed all inspections and could move into our home. On Friday, Aug. 13, 2010 we went to the doctor and saw and heard our baby for the first time!
popping champagne on night #1
taken the afternoon of 8/13/2010
I am awarding the Stylish blogger award to these 8 online friends:
1. Ashley at Make It & Love It
2. Brooke at All Things Thrifty
3. Sherry & John at Young House Love
4. Tasha at Dot.Dot.This
5. Tiffany at Making the World Cuter
6. Stevie at Moore Babies
7. Jill at Homemade by Jill
8. The Creative Mommas (who I see have already gotten the award, but I still think they deserve it!)