Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet"Heart"

This is definitely the easiest post I have ever written. This is a "So Easy a Caveman Could Do It" project.

Since I have less than two months until baby arrives, my mind is pretty focused on baby-projects, but I took a break for this one :). After having so many decorations up for Christmas, I decided I wanted just a little something for our table to get us through Valentine's Day. After that I think all bets are off when it comes to adding more decor around the house for a little while.

While creating our wedding registry about three years ago, I came across these glass pillars that have a place for a candle votive or sphere candle. The pillars are hollow so they can be filled or left empty. I have filled them with small green Christmas balls in the past and decided to do something for Valentine's Day.


For less than $5 I bought four bags of the classic conversation hearts in two sizes, regular and large. I poured different amounts into each pillar and clustered them in the center of our table. I do wish I had a seasonal tablecloth, but alas, I do not.


Since the candies are new, they also make for a sweet little treat as our weekend guests discovered. 
(I apologize for the partial candle left in the middle pillar. I have since popped it out.)



Handmade Tuesdays, Todays Creative Blog, Someday Crafts, Blue Cricket Design, Hugs and Kisses Valentines Party, Somewhat Simple, Hookin' Up w/ HoH

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I'm your newest follower from Debbie's newbie party!

Anonymous said...

Following you after linking here from Debbie's party

Amanda said...

Hey there!
I love these and have some very similar that I use year round! Hobby lobby sells Itsy Beadsies in the wedding section in all colors you can mix and match for seasons. Here is my Valentine's version much like yours.
http://www.myheartsdesireblog.com/2010/02/valentines-decorations.html

Visiting from Debbie's

Dacia said...

I'm all about inexpensive quick ideas lately. This one's great cause you can eat it too :)

Unknown said...

Cute and yum :)

Its A Blog Party said...

Would love for you to join us at the Hugs and Kisses Valentine's Party!
http://itsablogparty.com/

Erin said...

I was the weekend guest Shannon mentions in her blog and I admit that it is a very tasty centerpiece! :)

Anonymous said...

so simple but I think it looks great for Valentines day! Would love for you to come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings if you have a chance! www.ladybug-blessings.com