Pin it!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Wonder of Christmas

I know two weeks have gone by, but I had to share pictures of William's first Christmas with you! Really, we had a multi-day celebration. 

We were at my in-laws for Christmas Eve for gifts, church and lobster. Unfortunately, William missed dinner because he crashed on a bedroom floor right after getting sick from his dinner (not lobster). Sad he wasn't at the table with us, but that meant we all got to eat at the same time! We all got some fun and thoughtful gifts including books, a ride-on zebra and a play farm. Those were William's of course ;).


Santa came to our house that night and my in-laws came over to see William open all of his presents at home. He got an airplane, Baby Einstein octopus, books, Melissa & Doug band-in-a-box (a hit, no pun intended), a drum and some other great toys. He just wanted to eat the paper. Figures. I got my Silhouette Cameo and a romantic night in Annapolis with my hubby which is very sweet. I got his marathon "stuff" framed from his first marathon that was in 2010 and a few small gifts.



After a delicious made by my husband the chef, we drove about an hour to Brad's cousins house which is where we celebrate Christmas with my mother-in-laws family. Its a big group, but not overwhelming (at least not after 5 years) since we see everyone pretty frequently. William was given even more toys. Oh boy.


On December 26th William and I drove to Connecticut to see my mom and sister. My brother would have been there too, but he took a job with the NBA in New Orleans so we didn't see him this trip. So on Monday afternoon he got to tear open more gifts! A wagon full of mega-blocks and the ride-on fire engine were his favorite along with a rainstick, cell phone, etc.


Everyone who told me Christmas is fun as a parent, you were right! I was up one hour before William on Christmas morning, anxious for him to wake up and see his presents. I know next year he will understand more since he will be 21 months old, so we also have to make sure he knows that Christmas isn't just a time for presents.


No comments: